July 25, 2011

Interview with Nikko Z ( On the SF Show )


After a short hiatus on the blog, I've come back with an exclusive gem.
Episode 023 on The SF Show featured Nikko Z as the guest artist. I  bagged an exclusive interview with the man himself as a guest interviewer for The SF Show blog.



Read on:

01. Starting to DJ at a very young age of 15, how was that experience?
As a young boy, it was of course a great experience looking at myself and realising that I can do exactly what my favourite DJs did!

02. I've only seen pictures of beautiful your hometown: Trikala. Has this city and its surroundings influenced you in any way with your productions?
I think that it depends on the mood... When I feel good, for example, my efficiency is better. It's not the city that influence my productivity... but my hometown offers me calm and relaxation which is good.

03. In 2006, you were doing an Electronic Music Production course in SAE, Athens. Has that helped you get to where you are and what advice would you give young and upcoming producers?
Of course the SAE course helped me and it would be a lie if I said no, but I want to stress that everything is a matter of love for whatever you do.

04. How has Pink Floyd and the Doors inspired your style of production?
The truth is that especially the doors had a melancholic tone sometimes which influenced my mood. But it's not the style I tried to imitate, but their madness and the strength of their feelings when they were on stage.

05. What gear/tools do you use in your studio? Which is your favourite of the lot and why?
I have several tools but some of my favourite ones are the Moog LP2, due to the fact of it's sound that is pure analog and Access Virus TI2 for the amazing sound, I consider that it is the most important tool because I can do every sound I have in my mind. My favourite VST are the UAD and the Waves and I use them always.

06. Speaking of the studio, how's the collaborative work between you and Chris Mozio? Could you shed some light about him?
First of all,Chris a very good friend and when we have a studio meeting we have a great time! We have common tastes as far as music concerned, in general there is an incredible chemistry between us.

07. Being associated to some great labels in the industry, like Lowbit & Stripped, did you think you'd get as far as you are right now back when you started?
Nothing is impossible in this life. When you want something very much, the universe comes together to achieve it.

08. DJ'ing for 11 years & producing for five, what are the future plans of Nikko.Z?
My plans are to have a child (haha)... and travel a lot! I really don't like making plans....

09. If you weren't in the music business, what would your alternate career choice be and why?
I can't imagine my life without the music and I sincerely I don't know what I would do.

10. Having your work heavily support by the likes of Hernan Cattaneo, Dave Seaman, Anthony Pappa and many more big names, how does it feel to have their consistent support on your productions and also sharing stage time with some of them?
I cannot describe the feeling when i listen my tracks being played by artists like the above, in huge clubs or festivals, it is really very strong. When I produce a track I think every musical moment, every detail of the track and I imagine how it would be like to the crowd.

11. You had your own show at a local radio station. At that point, it was the only one that aired electronic club sounds. Tell us more about it, your aim at that point, what you have achieved through it.
That was 3 years ago. I only wanted my city to have a radio station and inform the audience for the development of the dance music. Also, we had a great number of fans of our show that followed us at the local events.

12. There are a lot of online radio shows out all over, doing different styles and variants of electronic music. What quality in such shows do you look for or are particular about?
I don't have much time to listen to the online radio shows, but some moments I prefer to chill out listening relaxing music.

13. Your thoughts on The SF Show?
The SF Show I think that it is very cool show, and it seems that the people of the show, really love and appreciate what they do.

14. I was listening to your exclusive mix for The SF Show while writing down these questions. Have to say, its a mindbender of a set with a lot of emotions in there, plus its almost filled with your own productions. Tell us more about it.
I'm really glad to hearing that you liked the set.. I usually mix a set by using my own tracks. I think that it is a good way to promote my productions on the several shows.

15. We're experiencing a lot natural disasters lately, What is the one thing you want to do before the world ends?
A very good question! It is very sad hearing news like these, but I would like to visit as many places as I can, before the world ends.

16. On that same note, what would be the last track you would be playing?
Definitely 'The Doors - The End'.

17. Before we close this interview, would you like to give a shout out to your fans & friends in India?
Keep listening The SF Show and...I hope to meet the people of India very soon.

Big ups to The SF Show boys to give me this fine opportunity to interview Nikko.

Read the original post on The SF Show Blog.

Follow Nikko Z on Facebook
Follow The SF Show on Facebook & Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment